As a growing company, we are continually creating opportunities for individuals at all levels and disciplines. Including:
- CNC Mill and Lathe machinist
- Design Engineering,
- Gear Machinist
- Tool Makers
- Assembly Techs
- Manufacturing Engineering
- Application Engineering
Our Employer of Choice initiative focuses on finding and retaining top talent. The key to our future success is the skill and commitment of our associates.
Rj Link associates are guided by a set of specific values defining who we are and how we conduct business:
- Drive for Results
- Open & Clear Communication
- Respect for Others
- Integrity and Teamwork
If you hold these personal values, you may be interested in submitting the attached application. Rj Link offers a very comprehensive benefits package including:
- Short Term Disability
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate because of age, race, religion, creed, color, national origin, gender, disability, and marital or veteran status.
SR. DESIGNER/DESIGN ENGINEER
Responsible for the preparation of product design layouts of mechanical gearboxes depicting a variety of mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic and electrical systems and components; working from engineering specifications using computer-aided software (SolidWorks). Performs essential calculations, prepares the design layout and detailed drawings and service manuals. Conducts analysis with emphasis on such factors as soundness of design, adequacy of fit, function and material, manufacturability, ease of assembly, and cost of production. Insures that all design specifications and requirements are met. Designs may involve new products or modifications of existing products.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design of custom gearboxes to meet customer specifications.
- Makes calculations required to determine gear ratios, speeds and capacities.
- Prepares layout drawings, parts lists and detailed drawings including all required fits, dimensions and section views.
- Define assembly sequence by preparation of a “Balloon” drawing.
- Participates in meetings with personnel from Engineering, Manufacturing and Sales departments to discuss and review design requirements and problems.
- Maintain print files.
- Issue print(s) to Manufacturing.
- Design fixtures for parts for production and create models to support CAM software.
- Aide in the development of quotes.
- Performs related functions as requested.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to work with all members of the organization as a team.
- Ability to organize and manage own time with minimal input from management.
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent experience.
- Apply Basic Engineering Principles.
- Apply Drafting/Mechanical Drawing Knowledge and Techniques
- Apply Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerances.
- Create Service Manuals
- Understand Manufacturing Methods and Techniques.
- Use of Computer Aided Design/Drafting Software (SolidWorks).
- Use MS Excel and Word software.
Education: Mechanical Engineering degree or equivalent level of education.
Experience: Seven or more years of drafting/design experience.
MACHINE SET UP OPERATOR
Responsible for machine set-up and operation of production machined parts in accordance with established procedures and guidelines.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reads and interprets work instructions, including but not limited to blueprints, routings and inspections masters.
- Selects tooling and work holding fixtures per program and/or set-up instructions as required to complete the machining of a wide variety of parts.
- Proficient at use of inspection procedures, gages and equipment.
- Adjusts machine setting to complete tasks according to specification, accurately and in a timely fashion.
- Works with design engineering and manufacturing engineering to identify any changes in tolerances for machined parts or tooling.
- Changes tooling and inserts as required to meet production objectives.
- Completes required documentation of part specific machine set-ups so there is easy access to this information by all company staff.
- Assures cleanliness and organization of department tooling, fixturing, and may perform or schedule preventative maintenance of equipment in all assigned areas of the plant.
- Identify, develop and implement process and job task design improvements to increase efficiency of cycle time, work flow improvements and cost reductions in process, procedures or materials.
- Assures all tooling is staged and available for current and future jobs.
- Runs production and accurately completes quality reporting forms and time sheets.
- Operates fork truck as needed for staging production parts and for moving and storage of large tombstones and fixtures for machine centers.
- Other duties or responsibilities as may be assigned.
Indirect responsibility for machine operators when directing set-up operations for machine tools used in production.
Qualifications Educations and/or Experience:
Requires a high school diploma or GED, 5 plus years of direct work experience in machine set-up, familiarity with tooling and fixtures used in a production environment.